Optimisation (SEO & CRO)
Effective Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an ongoing, cyclical process — not a one-off.
We’ve therefore made it a priority that any SEO work we do for you:
- Provides you the tools and knowledge to develop and maintain your own SEO in the long term
- Ensures that this cyclical process becomes a virtuous (not a vicious) cycle
Our SEO approach
Our approach unfolds in three stages:
- Keyword research
- Using our bespoke tools, we will identify top search phrases that are currently being used in web searches to find content like yours
- From this list, we identify the search phrases that have least competition, which means you can create content that gets more traffic for less work. Hurrah.
- Optimised landing pages
- Our WordPress admin interface will allow you to create landing pages that target these exact search phrases. The landing pages direct users to your core site, and to the key action(s) you want them to take. See our case study on landing pages for more information.
- Our valid, well-structured and semantic HTML means you will have site-wide Google optimisation from the get-go
- Monitor and refine (Conversion Rate Optimisation)
- The success of almost any website comes down to attracting the right number of the right kind of people to your site, and them taking action. Or as neatly summarised by SEO guru Ben Hunt: success = traffic x conversion. And yet many website owners settle for improved visitor numbers without consideration to what that traffic is doing once it arrives.
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO), is a concept currently in its infancy. It is a more long-term task which will mostly take place once the site is launched, with the help of the intelligence provided by Google Analytics
- The basic approach is that we set “goals” within Analytics and assess how well pages are performing on the basis of how visitors proceed through your “funnels” to arrive at goals; this is known as your “conversion rate”. The data provided will tell us where your funnel has “leaks” which we set about repairing. This iterative process can be repeated as often as necessary to increase your conversion rate.
Content is king
The most important part of SEO has almost nothing to do with search engines. Instead, it is something you have ultimate control over: quality content.
With this in mind, we put content strategy right at the heart of the development process and work with you to create strong, compelling, fit-for-digital web content that is optimised not primarily for the machines, but for the people consuming it.
When your content is strong, the more people link to it. The more your content is linked to, the higher Google rates its importance and relevance: its PageRank increases over time, and in turn so does its search visibility.
This is the virtual cycle described above and is our aim for all our websites.
Our clients say...
I really appreciated how easy Tim was to work with. He was quick to build rapport, was always open with numbers and costs and was able to adapt to changing circumstances with good humour and creative solutions.
Neale Jones - Campaigns communications office - Christian Aid